Saturday, January 01, 2011

Thoughts

I guess it's not a good omen for  my limited followers to start their 2011 with my rant, but unfortunately they have no choice. There is a lot i wish to write about the past 6 months, but have learnt that brevity pays in the long run. Listing down random events that have transpired in this period.

  • November brough a sudden change to my career path, moved base to mumbai to begin my journey in the world of I-Banking. The move was not done in a hurry, but had put in lots of thought behind it, life had become too monotonous back in Delhi. The world out here seems to be more professional ,have learnt that it's important to put one's though clearly across the table. In short practiscing the art and nuances of deal making
  • Thoroughly enjoyed my mid - week social get to gethers with my friends. But the joy may be short lived as the larger fraction would be moving out of Mumbai. I guess i can't hold them according to my wishes, everyone has a life of their own.
  • 10 days spent in Hyderabad on the back drop of ICM (Maths conference) were amazing, had a chance to interact with some of the legends in the field of mathematics and computer science. In short the experience was overwhelming.  Planning to be in Seoul in 2014.
  • Gave sort of my first talk sometime in september this year. Had a chance to visit calcutta after a long time. The city has not changed much, but i gotta chance to explore new townships on the outskirts of the city.
  • Turning back to I Banking, have been living on the cloud :) since i had started out here. There's too much use of jargons out here but have realised that its important for you to sell. Have explored the intricacies of many sectors and there's lot to learn.
  • Long hours at the office can have some side effects, bulging waistlines to start with a few. Have forgotten some important dates which i should never have. Perhaps ,i have to stop thinking what others would feel about that and move on with my life.
  • Turning into more of a capitalist nowadays, thinking about profit, feasiblity blahaaa..... another side effect of the career shift
  • I am realsing that's quite diffcult for me to make acquintances with new people, can be quite deterimental for my carrer. Have to improve this qaulity of mine.
 To sum it up, the changes happening over the past 2 months have been great. Hope I 'll be able to stick to the path i have taken.

Just before i end some maths gyaan on the first day of 2011. Realised 2011 is a prime number and amazingly it can be derived by  summing up 11 consecutive prime numbers ....  Some food for thought

No comments: