Saturday, May 22, 2010

Deleted......

Today after much deliberation, i have finally deleted my facebook (suspended) , orkut and yahoo account (broke the final connection with my alma matter). These would remain cached as long as Google wants them, but some day they would disappear for good. I only have a google and a twitter account as of now.

Did some final weeding in my gmail...deleted my chat list, removed those fancy labels, filters are gone and i finally unsubscribed every damn magazine, newsletter and other event list. Pruned most of my cell contacts, created a backup of those silly photos and videos and archived them for good. The cell phone would be gone by sometime next week ( I am not ready for the 3G revolution!!!). I have a feeling that people would be better off without these distractions, as they were in the past.....and ya after backing up ....the blogger would also vanish....... and so would my footprint on the WWW.....

1 comment:

tarvinder said...

i have these urges to remove my web footprint off and on. so i deleted my orkut account yesterday. cant say that i dont see the sense in what you're doing, but if 'the cell phone would be gone' means what i think it does, then it might be a bit much. but if by that you mean having just a private number, then yeah, go for it, at least for some time.